Delhi World Public School are a new chain of schools under the aegis of the Delhi World Foundation A Dipsites Pedagogy System initiated by Delhi Public School Alumni including luminaries like Salman Khurshid, Former External Affairs Minister, Government of India and Montek Singh Ahluwalia, former Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission of India.
A school is a place where one learns about the totality, the wholeness of life.
Welcome to the website of Delhi Public World School, Dhar!
Our commitment at School is to provide a safe and intellectually challenging environment that will empower students to become innovative thinkers, creative problem solvers and inspired learners prepared to thrive in the twenty-first century.
High standards and expectations for each student in regard to academic performance, co-curricular participation, and responsible citizenship are the foundation of our school. It is with pride that we hold these high standards and ask each of our students to commit to maintaining the extraordinary record of achievement and contribution that has been the legacy of Dipsites. It is the contribution of our students to our school community that makes Delhi Public World School an exceptional learning community. Full participation in academic and co-curricular programs and a willingness to act responsibly as an individual within our educational environment is the factors that enable all to have a successful and enjoyable study program. I am happy that my focus on curriculum transaction has borne fruit with the number of students excelling from what they were to what they are now and progressing every day.
The purpose, the aim, and drive of our school are to equip the child with the most excellent technological proficiency so that he may function with clarity and efficiency in the modern world, and, far more important, to create the right climate so that the child may develop fully as a complete human being. This means giving him the opportunity to flower in goodness so that he is rightly related to people, things and ideas, to the whole of life. To live is to be related. There is no right relationship to anything when there is no right feeling for beauty, a response to nature, to music and art, a highly developed aesthetic sense…”
Below are our beliefs regarding teaching and learning that we developed as part of this process.
We believe that effective teachers:
- Create opportunities for intellectual risk-taking, collaboration, problem-solving, and application of classroom learning to real-life situations;
- Implement strategies that promote ownership of learning to students;
- Design instruction to integrate a variety of innovative technological tools and resources to enhance learning;
- Demonstrate ongoing professional growth in order to increase the quality of instruction;
- Collaborate with colleagues to share and discuss exemplary practices, interpret student performance data, and design assessments that promote twenty-first-century skills.
We believe that successful students:
- Communicate in a meaningful way for a variety of purposes and audiences;
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to the precision and nuances of written, visual, and aural medium through comprehension, interpretation, and evaluation;
- Employ critical and creative thinking skills to solve problems; and
- Pose questions, examine possibilities and apply skills to find solutions to authentic issues.
- Make positive choices related to physical and mental wellness; and
- Contribute to the local and global community in a collaborative and respectful manner
Recognizing and re-emphasizing the need for parents to engage and involve themselves in activities of the School, I invite you to be a part of your child’s life at DPWS Dhar.
In conclusion, I wish you all a wonderful schooling. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and know that my door is always open. I can be reached at email@example.com also; I am honored to serve as the principal.
Desh Bandhu Dadhich